- A call out for critical & personal responses to the work, Oil and Water
I want to commission 5 responses to the show while out on its preview tour.
This work is about family, tribe and mental health so I'm not so excited about getting reviewers in. A kind of act, of decentralising the usually-middle-class-white-reviewer.
So I'm looking for 5 individuals that identify as POC/ womxn to respond to the work. You don't have to know a thing about theatre or performance. It may help to have an interest in mental health, faith and religion or it may not.
this call-out includes
- under 18's/ over 65's
- no theatre/performance knowledge needed
- responses can be in any language
Also wanting to decentralise responses/reviews as long academic jargon.
so responses can be
- long academic jargon (if you want)
- text in any form (i.e statements, poems...)
- visual responses (images/photographs/drawings/paintings...)
- sound responses (i.e talking/recording of text..)
- any language both text and audio
All responses will have to be recorded for access purposes. If you can't record yours please let me know
Individuals need to be based or local to one of the touring cities: Birmingham, Huddersfield, Bradford, Manchester, London.
The fee is £100 and local travel will be covered
interested - email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org